Authoring refers to the process of bringing all of the digital assets together, creating the interactivity, ensuring all links and programming logic are working correctly. Above all compliance to the DVD specification is checked at this important stage.
The following functions are supported within the DVD Authoring stage.
- Multi-story playback (seamless branching)
- Support for closed captions, regional coding, copy protection, and parental management
- Support for animated menu interfaces with audio.
- Support for menu sub-picture effects (roll in/out, fade in/out, wipe up/down)
- Support for slide shows and conditional access to menu interfaces (password protection)
- D DVD hybrid disc creation utilizing InterActual's Player 2.0 (PC
& Mac compatible)
Why use DVDtech
We ship more than 60 DLT’s per month to studios like Twentieth Century FOX, and MGM. We learnt the DVD specification from the birth of the company. Our authors live and breathe the DVD spec. We use the world's best authoring software from Toshiba Corporation, the company that wrote the DVD specification. We are one of only 14 companies worldwide that use the Toshiba software.
Bringing a title to the international market? Our global affiliates can release a title in any region of the world in any language. Whilst maintaining the ultimate quality control.
As a group of companies we have an industry voice to feed back information to hardware manufacturers and have them take action.
It’s our ability to scale from one disc or a whole season of episodes in both PAL and NTSC formats that makes dealing with DVDTECH seamless.